LAST UPDATE: July 30, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you send us
When you use our Sites, you have the opportunity to voluntarily provide us with certain information about yourself or others, such as when you create an account or make a reservation. We may collect Personal Information about you or others (information that identifies or relates to you as an identifiable person) that you may provide via the Sites, such as :
• your name, date and place of birth, passport and visa information;
• your mailing address;
• your phone number;
• your e-mail address;
• information to enable us to provide you with specialist services or to meet special requests, such as health conditions or special dietary requirements, but we do not collect sensitive information about you, such as health information, except to reasonably enable us to provide you with certain services;
• your credit or debit card number, expiration date and security code;
• information and preferences regarding your stay or trip, such as your preferred locations/facilities, dates and number of people/children travelling with you ;
• demographic information (age, gender, nationality and desired language)
Automatically collected information
Our websites collect statistical information about users in order to provide a welcoming and accessible website. To do this, we may keep a record of your navigation on the Sites, the pages from which you were referred, the times of access and the type of browser. We only use this information in aggregate form and do not link it to you personally. To evaluate the effectiveness of our websites and analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, we collect generic information about our visitors. Our web servers automatically recognize and record a visitor’s domain name, the web page from which a visitor enters our Web Sites, the pages a visitor views, the time a visitor spends on each page, and the visitor’s IP address. We may use anonymous tracking technologies to collect, store and sometimes keep track of information for statistical purposes or to improve our services, including to evaluate and improve our website. We also collect and store information automatically using cookies and similar technologies described below.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• to process, carry out and record reservations and/or purchases ;
• charge your credit card for bookings and advance payments;
• contact you for confirmation or to offer you services once reservations and purchases have been made or after you have registered for certain activities;
• follow the bookings and stays ;
• send you e-mails about your stay;
• send you communications such as customer surveys or promotional benefits and offers;
• send you special offers, contests and featured products, if you choose to receive such notifications;
• respond to your requests, complaints or other messages;
RELEASE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• tour operators, travel agencies, personal assistants, employers or spouses who have provided us with your Personal Information;
• third parties for whom we have received your consent;
• our marketing and advertising partners, in order to provide you with more relevant advertising on our websites and to encourage you to return to our websites and to Cheetah Digital or MailChimp, which securely host e-mails and transmit our e-mail communications as our provider. We contractually require these service providers to keep your Personal Information secure and to use your Personal Information only for the purposes we specify.
DATA TRANSFER ABROAD
When you use and/or purchase our services or products, we may transfer your Personal Information to multiple countries. As a result, we may transfer and store your Personal Information:
• on our websites and servers located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates ;
• to or from Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where our headquarters are located;
• in the countries where we own and operate sales offices.
• in the countries where our third party service providers or consultants are located.
Some of these countries may not offer the same level of confidentiality, but we will take reasonable steps to ensure that transfers of information are made under appropriate security conditions so as to preserve your privacy.
EXPLANATION OF THE LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OPERATION
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your Personal Information includes :
legal compliance – if required by applicable law (e.g., police requests, fraud investigations or court orders), we may collect and process your data.
legitimate interest – to pursue our legitimate interests, such as providing services and products that you have requested in a way that could reasonably be expected in the course of running our business and that does not materially affect your rights, freedom or interests.
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information contained in our system from misuse, loss or alteration. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are not able to ensure or control the security of the computers, electronic devices or electronic communication methods you use to send e-mails and transmit Personal Information to us via the Internet. It is your responsibility to ensure that the computers, electronic devices and electronic communication methods you use provide an adequate level of security for communicating with us. We are not responsible for any disclosure or interception of your Personal Information before we receive it.
WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information that we request and/or require or do not consent to its use and disclosure, you will still be able to visit our Sites, but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services and, in some cases, we may not be able to process your booking.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for our direct marketing activities. Please send your written request with your name and contact details to the address below in Contact Us. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving your mail or sooner if required by law.
We may allow third parties to link to our Sites or to post a link to their site on our Site. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices or those of other sites. We accept no responsibility for activities or information on third party websites.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13, although we may collect Personal Information from a child as part of the process of participating in activities on the Websites, but always subject to the consent of a parent or guardian.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever we collect or process your Personal Information, we retain it only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, for active legal proceedings, for an identifiable and ongoing business need (such as record keeping) and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
If there is not sufficient justification to retain such Personal Information, it will be securely erased, eliminated, blocked and/or anonymized, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable manner for statistical analysis and business planning.
HOW TO CONTACT US
And please provide us with your full name, address, and telephone number, and a copy of proof of identity (such as an ID card or passport) so that we can verify your identity and verify that we have Personal Information about you or can contact you for further information.
You can also address your complaint/question to the applicable data protection authority.